Saturday, February 16, 2013

Goal Review and Lessons Learned

It has been a little while since I set a variety of goals that I wanted to complete this year. I thought this would be the perfect time to update you.The bright green mark through I was using just isn't working for me so I am changing the color on the old posts. It is too difficult to read!

I have not checked on the availability of pallets. I need to do that before May. I want new compost containers ready for the summer.
I did buy a canning jar lifter that I honestly have not used yet. I hope to change that this summer.
I have made homemade desserts from scratch, but I have been doing the same three over and over. I need to add a few more recipes I am comfortable doing.
I have not done as well recently with the dishes. I need to streamline a new system. Any ideas?
As far as avoiding plastic, I forgot my cloth bags for the grocery store today. I got paper that I will reuse on cardboard boxes for mailing packages. I did discover that the local convenience store will put snacks into aluminum foil for me rather than Styrofoam.Sometimes it is enjoyable to be able to get a treat someplace.
I have not worked on the raspberry cage. I will write onto my calendar to do for the first week of March.
I still need to purchase a garden cart before the summer!
I have done a good job lately staying home rather than going to stores when I am bored. This has cut down on unnecessary spending as well as saving gasoline.
Overall I have done a terrible job when it comes to exercising this winter. I need to keep working on this!
As far as tomatoes, I have estimated the number of plants I need to start from seed to have enough for canning this year. I will need to purchase a few grow lights to use on some shelving I already own. I won't have enough window space (especially with a kitten) to start them there.
I have not been carrying any bags in my purse. I will do this tomorrow.
I did shrink my housekeeping notebook to a much easier size to transport. It still holds 8.5x11 paper, but is much thinner than the previous one I was using. I did remove the section on goal setting. I feel like this should be in a more private place than the book for the household.
I have started Christmas shopping for this year! I should be able to save money by purchasing through the year.
I have managed to cut down on trash. I am not quite to my goal of only one bag for the month, but doing better. I have been paying closer attention to the types of packaging of the things I buy.
It works flushing the kitty litter, but you have to only do a little at a time or it will clog the toilet.
I did purchase another shelving unit for the kitchen. This seems to be helping a lot with organization in the kitchen. I have managed to keep the whole area looking nice for almost two weeks!
I have not been posting on the blog twice a week. I will keep working on this. I have not had out the camera either for adding pictures to my posts.
I did much better with the budget this month! I will keep up the good work.
I did find the information I needed for learning to propagate honey locust trees. I have a free source of seeds that I want to fully use this next fall.

There are lots of things that I need to imrpove. How are you doing this year on your goals?  






No comments:

Post a Comment