Friday, April 12, 2013

Creativity



I recently borrowed some books from the library on developing creativity. (I recommend the book Tinkertoys Second Edition. I am not paid by them.) This jump started my creative juices flowing. (Unfortunately it contributed to a lot of time spent on Pinterest as well.) It seems I have been going through phases of being interested in crafting and just letting my projects sit idle. 

One of the projects I worked on this last week was remodeling my craft room to make it more inviting. I did not have extra money to purchase organizers so everything I used had to be things I already owned. I found a couple bags of embroidery floss that were a jumbled mess. I took the floss that I intended to keep and wrapped them around pieces of cardboard and old used gift cards.
These fit perfectly into a small square tin I had recently purchased at a thrift store.
Then I divided out ones to be donated to a summer camp as well as ones to sell at my next yard sale. By organizing it, it is more likely I will actually use the floss I kept. In the near future, I plan to do this with my material as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment