Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Save Money on Your Teeth

I have always had issues with my teeth. This has been especially true since having braces as a teenager. I have always drank lots of milk and spent time in the sun which has helped them some. My recent trip to the dentist for a cleaning was the best I have had since elementary school (probably 25 years or so.) I brush my teeth regularly, but only floss about half as much. On my lower front teeth, the hygienist tends to spend a long time scraping. I mean a really long time! This time it was unusually quick!!! The products I talk about in this post are what have worked for me. I am not a paid representative. You will have to see what works for you. I am not a dentist nor a scientist.

  • I stopped using toothpaste with fluoride. I mostly brush with hydrogen peroxide and Tom's of Maine here and there. I use a soft bristled toothbrush. (Hardened tarter comes of easily and no more plaque up under my gums.) Once in a while, I do use baking soda, but I have found it to be a little too abrasive to use often. This saves money too! Peroxide is very cheap.
  • I "floss" using wood sticks that are in a triangle shape (not regular toothpicks.) I got the samples free from my dentist, but I have been told that Wal-Mart carries them now. I do not know the cost. 
  • Finally I sometimes rebrush after using these to remove the taste.
It is amazing the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment