Monday, May 13, 2013

Accomplishments Towards My Goals

Here is an update of what I have accomplished towards my goals.
  • Exercising & Reducing Carbon Footprint- I had to have my car scrapped. It was going to be another $350 to just get it safe to drive. I have been walking and taking the public bus for about two weeks now. It is amazing the amount of energy I have to get things done now. I have been remembering my cloth bags for the store too. (My aunt and uncle bought me an amazing bag in Brazil. It is very strong and roomy. I wish I had a few more of them.) I also pick up cans here and there on my adventures.
  • Fertility in my Garden- I added my egg shells, Epson salts, and banana peels into the garden bed where I am planning for tomatoes this year.
  • I made my own "greenhouse" from an old plastic tote and a window. It seems to be working great! 
  • Pantry Organization- I am happy with my baking supply organization. I attempted making my own fudge for the first time from scratch. It tasted good, but not all of the chocolate chips had completely melted in the bottom.
  • I have been very happy with my new recipe box. You can see my post on this here. It has worked extremely well. I am planning to make my own recipe cards with things that I have found on Pinterest. I would like to decorate and maybe laminate my old cards. This would be helpful in preventing the cards from getting damaged when I am baking. I realize that I need a large miscellaneous section for recipes I want to try out too.

No comments:

Post a Comment