Friday, June 21, 2013

You Get What You Pay For

Last winter I was walking through Wal-Mart, not my favorite store, when I stumbled on a cart of garden seeds on clearance for .05 cents each. I just couldn't pass it up. I know what you are probably thinking. You get what you pay for, and you would be correct. First only the cilantro seeds actually produced anything. Second is the worst part of all. The seed company is owned by Monsanto! This is the same company that made Agent Orange and is making Roundup.

I have learned my lesson the hard way. 

Lilac Bush in Backyard -**Spring 2013

By the way, PLEASE DO NOT USE Roundup on your yard!! I can't emphasis this enough. If you do, please do not ever let pets or children in your yard! It is a POISON. It is also contributing to the decline of our honey bees. So far for 2013 I have only seen 10 honey bees the whole year in my neighborhood. I usually see this number in a couple of hours. Please avoid this product at all costs. There are alternatives like boiling water or vinegar that can be used. Or you can always just consider eating your dandelions....

No comments:

Post a Comment